Friday, October 4, 2013

SCALE DRAMA

So here is what happened...  I bought a new scale back in August when I started my juice fast.  A fairly fancy one with a 400 lb weight capacity.  I knew I was significantly over 300 lbs (did NOT realize my 17 year old had hit 300 but she is 6'3" after all...) and I suspected that my son and daughter-in-law, who are at my house a lot while they are fixing up their new house, were at or near 400.  It was great for about a month. 

One day, after I had been on a plateau for several days, it suddenly dropped me from 312 to 305.  Weirder things have happened while juice fasting but I was dubious nonetheless so I changed the battery and weighed again.  Still, 305. Woohoo!  That meant I had made my first 10% weight loss goal!  Well, a couple of days later, I was at the pharmacy with my son and they have a doctors scale.  I hopped on and it said 312.  :'(   Ah well, se la vie.  I went home, changed the battery again, moved it to a hopefully more level spot on the floor of my very old, NOT level house, gave it a good thump or two and got it to say 312.  That was on the 29th.

Fast forward to today and my home scale still says 312 but now the pharmacy doctor's scale says 305.  I came home and thumped my scale a good one and now it gave me 10 different readings.  It first said 298 (I WISH!) and then 301 and then 305 and then 315 (NO.) and then 298 again... and on it went.  Yes, I stepped on it, let it zero out and stepped on it again ten times. 

So I guess that 5 really hefty people weighing on that thing several times a week for 2 months was more than it could take and it has lost it's marbles.  I will now be posting only my doctors scale weight.  I go there once or twice a week and that is plenty often to weigh myself.

Bad news for the day: my scale is dead.
Good news (which FAR outweighs the bad): I HAVE, in fact, met my first 10% goal!!! YEEEEEHAW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment